
In that part Julia and Winston are in the room that they rent where was suppose that no telescreen where in there. They are lying on the bed together until suddenly, they hear a voice that repeats everything they say and it says to them that they had to go to the middle of the room, so they can see them through the telescreen and not to move. They knew that they were discovered so, they thought that they should say goodbye because they will never see each other again.
With that sentence, I realise how difficult was to live there because they had to do what the government told to them because if not they could be punished, but they didn't surrender and they fight for their love. I understood, while reading that part, that you cannot trust anybody like Winston trust in the man who rent him the room and tells him that there are no telescreens in there but as the man lie, they are discovered. One thing that call my attention is that when they knew that they had been discovered they knew that they should say goodbye because they were doing something that was forbbiden. I can't stay in their place so I don't know how I would feel about it but maybe, if I knew that they can discover me and punish me I wouldn't do anything.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario